Marine Radio with AIS/GPS GX 2200
The Standard Horizon AIS/GPS GX2200 Class D DSC VHF Radio now has an integrated 66 channel GPS receiver, and two integrated AIS receivers, and getting you connected has never been easier. No more GPS connections to make for DSC functionality, and the built-in AIS receiver gives added awareness, providing piece of mind in high traffic areas.
The GX2200 Matrix AIS/GPS radio features a 66 channel WAAS GPS antenna integrated into the front panel of the radio. Now there is no need to hassle with wiring the radio to a GPS for DSC (Digital Selective Calling) or AIS (Automated Identification System). Out of the box and ready to go, acquiring AIS and AIS SART targets, DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint navigation, and navigation to DSC distress calls can all be performed with just a few simple steps.
The Standard Horizon GX2200 Matrix VHF displays AIS target information (MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG) and allows you to contact an AIS Ship directly using DSC, it shows your vessels position in relation to AIS targets and alerts you when an AIS ship may be approaching too close to your location, via the Closest Point of Approach (CPA) Alarm.
The GX2200 Matrix AIS/GPS radio also includes a 30W Loud Hailer function with Fog signals; Bells and Whistles with listen back. For added benefit, the last selected VHF channel can be heard when in the PA or Fog modes and the AIS Display may be accessed and used. In addition, the Matrix allows you to start a fog horn and then view the AIS page simultaneously.
RAM3+ Second station compatible. Want to remotely control the VHF from your cockpit of fly bridge? The GX2200 Matrix AIS/GPS is RAM3+ remote mic capable, and it can control all VHF and DSC functions from a second station. In addition, the RAM+ can show AIS displays and vessel information. The Intercom feature allows communication between the main radio and the remote station.
The GX2200 Matrix's internal GPS is capable of entering and saving up to 100 waypoints. These waypoints may be selected and navigated to by using a unique navigation compass display that shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint.
Built better, it's back better. If your Standard Horizon GX2200 ever fails for any reason including water damage during normal use in the first three years, Standard Horizon will repair or replace it free, without hassle or charges...period!
- AIS / AIS SART target display: MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG
- 4800 or 38400 NMEA baud rate selection, for plotters with (1) NMEA port
- True and Magnetic bearing selection on AIS display
- Contact Class A or B AIS Ship with DSC
- Programmable CPA or TCPA collision avoidance alarms
- Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling)
- Submersible (front panel): IPX7 (3.3 feet or 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- 80 dB Commercial grade receiver
- DSC position request and report functions
- 30 Watt PA / Loud Hailer with preprogrammed fog signals and listen back
- ClearVoice noise canceling speaker microphone with channel selection and 16/9 key
- GPS Compass, Waypoint and GPS status pages
- Navigation (LAT/LON, Time, SOG and COG) information shown on display
- Enter, Save and Navigate to waypoints with Compass page
- E2O (Easy-To-Operate) menu system
- User customizable soft keys for easy menu operation
- Versatile user-programmable scanning, priority scan and Dual Watch
- Oversized rotary channel knob with push to enter, backlit display and keys
- Local / Distance attenuator
- Optional connection for RAM3 second station remote microphone with AIS display (RAM3 Sold Separately)
- Intercom between radio and RAM3
- Voice Scrambler (Optional)
Output Power 25 Watt / 1 Watt
- Includes DSC
- Includes Weather Alert
- Includes Hailer and Intercom
- Waterproof: Front panel IPX7
- Dimensions 7.1" W x 3.1" H x 6.3" D
- Flush mount 6.3" W x 2.6" H x 5.9" D
- Voltage: 12 Volts DC
- Scrambler: Optional